One year ago, the San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings played each other in the final game of the regular season and the Sharks won 3-2, giving the Canucks the Kings in round 1. This year, the opposite happened. The Kings beat the Sharks in their final game (by the same 3-2 score) to [...]
The 1994 Vancouver Canucks had a reunion on Monday, with the likes of Linden, McLean, Courtnall, Adams and others on hand. It will be 17 years ago to the day on Wednesday that Greg Adams scored in double overtime in game 5 of the conference finals at home to send the Canucks to the Stanley Cup Final. Tuesday night, the Canucks get a chance to match that feat and the whole city of Vancouver is ready to party.
With a 3-2 win in game 1, the Canucks are 7 wins away from their first Stanley Cup, but surprisingly it’s not all positive news the day after. There are more than a few misconceptions that are spewing from the mass media today. Maybe it’s because there’s a two day break, maybe it’s cause they’re bored. Maybe it’s something else.
With their thrilling 3-2 game 7 victory over the Detroit Red Wings, the San Jose Sharks avoided a collapse of epic proportions and booked a ticket to Vancouver for the Western Conference final. Sharks… Canucks… Get excited Vancouver!
Yesterday the NHL announced that Raffi Torres would be suspended four games (two in the regular season and two in the playoffs) for this hit on Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle:
Well after a stellar 6 for 8 success rate in round 1, Canuckz.com went a woeful 1 for 4 in predicting round 2 (our only correct prediction was bravely picking Chicago to beat Vancouver). With that said, lets set-up round 3, the conference finals:
You asked for it, you got it: your round 2 preview and predictions! So far, Canuckz.com is 6 for 8 in our series predictions (who knew Washington would blow it and Boucher would go Bernie Parent on us?). We nailed the Canucks-Kings series (Canucks in six) and Pens-Sens series (Pens in six). Not bad, but we’re aiming higher this round.
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- John Tortorella is the right choice to be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks June 19, 2013 42791 commentJohn+Tortorella+is+the+right+choice+to+be+the+next+head+coach+of+the+Vancouver+Canucks2013-06-19+07%3A00%3A48Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4279
- Rob’s Big Canucks Coaching Candidates List June 8, 2013 42610 commentsRob%27s+Big+Canucks+Coaching+Candidates+List2013-06-09+00%3A59%3A25Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4261
- Arguments I Hate: Mike Gillis Inherited This Team May 27, 2013 42488 commentsArguments+I+Hate%3A+Mike+Gillis+Inherited+This+Team2013-05-28+05%3A37%3A29Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4248
- Mike Gillis’ Big Money Contracts May 26, 2013 42361 commentMike+Gillis%27+Big+Money+Contracts2013-05-26+23%3A10%3A59Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4236
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691
- Concerning Stats Making Canuck Nation Uneasy Before Game 6 In Nashville May 8, 2011 280916 commentsConcerning+Stats+Making+Canuck+Nation+Uneasy+Before+Game+6+In+Nashville2011-05-09+06%3A26%3A26Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D2809
- Mitchell Talks with Team, a New Assistant Coach, more Larscheid Rumours and more! August 5, 2010 177314 commentsMitchell+Talks+with+Team%2C+a+New+Assistant+Coach%2C+more+Larscheid+Rumours+and+more%212010-08-05+20%3A09%3A54Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1773