Something that hasn’t received enough attention until only recently is how poor the Canucks have been at 5-on-5 play. Sure their power play is fantastic at a league best 26.7% and their penalty killing is respectable, ranking 12th in the league at 84.4%. But it is their play at even strength that is concerning. Currently […]
You’ll notice that the title of this blog entry does not end with a question mark. That’s because I know what went wrong in game 3 for the Canucks. Here’s what it was:
The more and more I watch Canucks games this year, the more I find myself thinking “what does Keith Ballard got to do to get some playing time?” The guy blocks shots, hits (hip checks!) and fights. He does this while having a great upside given what he has accomplished in the league and the fact that he’s relatively young. Still, Alain Vigneault treats him like a Manitoba Moose call-up by giving him minimal ice time and even sitting him as a healthy scratch on multiple occasions. I don’t get it, and I haven’t gotten it all year long. Take last Sunday’s game versus St Louis for example. He received just over 13 minutes of ice time (fewest among Canuck d-men), was a +2 and was a goal short of the Gordie Howe hat trick. AV, give this man some ice time!
Apologies for not getting the game 4 recap out sooner, but all of the Canuckz.com team were out drowning their sorrows after one of the most disheartening games in recent memory. For the second straight game the Canucks were outsmarted, getting scored on and getting laughed at by the stronger, faster, cockier and so far better Chicago Blackhawks. Without getting into it too much, I’m sure we want to forget it by now, the Canucks need better goaltending from Roberto Luongo, more disciplined play, and better penalty killing.
What a bizarre, infuriating game it was. Vancouver came out and dominated most of the first period, hitting like they’ve never hit before, making the right plays, getting scoring chances, causing turnovers and getting the first goal by Mason Raymond on the reunited speed line with Ryan Kesler and Mikael Samuelsson. Then it happened.
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Canucks vs Stars Game Preview – December 19, 2013 December 18, 2013 55740 commentsCanucks+vs+Stars+Game+Preview+-+December+19%2C+20132013-12-19+03%3A27%3A56Ian+Lusherhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5574
- Why We Hate: The Chicago Blackhawks December 18, 2013 55412 commentsWhy+We+Hate%3A+The+Chicago+Blackhawks2013-12-18+08%3A01%3A23Stu+Elmeshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5541
- Canucks vs Wild Game Preview – December 17, 2013 December 16, 2013 55610 commentsCanucks+vs+Wild+Game+Preview+-+December+17%2C+20132013-12-17+02%3A39%3A47Steve+Lancashirehttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5561
- About Milan Lucic: enough already! December 16, 2013 556318 commentsAbout+Milan+Lucic%3A+enough+already%21+2013-12-17+02%3A36%3A23Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5563
- An unbiased review of the Bro Jake Show on Team 1040 September 11, 2013 437379 commentsAn+unbiased+review+of+the+Bro+Jake+Show+on+Team+10402013-09-11+07%3A13%3A37Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4373
- Why we hate: the Boston Bruins December 10, 2013 550573 commentsWhy+we+hate%3A+the+Boston+Bruins2013-12-11+07%3A07%3A02Stu+Elmeshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5505
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Canucks fans boo Mike Gillis, ignore reality November 6, 2013 491321 commentsCanucks+fans+boo+Mike+Gillis%2C+ignore+reality2013-11-07+07%3A36%3A34Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4913