The Canucks looked like a team still pissed off about their series loss last year, storming the Blackhawks right off the hop, while the Blackhawks looked a bit surprised by the push and never really seemed to recover. They’ve earned at least a split in Chicago, which is huge for a team like the Canucks who are so much better at home than on the road.
Game 4 had a similar feel to it to Vancouver vs Chicago in game 6 last year. The main difference, of course, is that the Canucks found a way to win this one. They did it on the backs of their top players.
The moment Canucks fans have been waiting for all season is almost upon us. That’s right, round 1, game 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Canucks faceoff against the Kings in what promises to be an entertaining series. Lets see how the series breaks down.
With 15 games left in the regular season and the nightmare record road trip behind them, one thing is still not clear. Are the Canucks contenders or pretenders? It’s a question that doesn’t elicit a unanimous response. I think that we as Canucks fans underrate this edition of the Canucks (just as we overrated the Naslund-Bertuzzi era Canucks).
Bieksa with the perfect GSP-like Superman punch! Bad-ass! (Thanks to reader KingKovalev4PM for the heads-up!)
At the quarter-way mark of the 2009-10 season, the Canucks have successfully treaded water. With a record of 10-10-0, you’d think that the Canucks would be disappointed, and perhaps they are. For me, this is about what we should have expected, all things considered.
The Canucks silenced the boisterous United Centre crowd with a gritty 3-2 third period comeback victory on Wednesday. The win was big, not only because it was their first road win of the season and against a hated team, but because of how they won.
Every Tuesday, Canuckz.com profiles a Canadian sportscaster. Sometimes they’re sportscasters we like, sometimes they’re ones we don’t. Today’s sportscaster is someone we love to hate: Michael Landsberg.
He’s out there somewhere… isn’t he? It seems ever since Ed Jovanovski signed with the Phoenix Coyotes three summers ago, the Canucks have been trying to find a “puck moving defenceman” (that’s the buzz word of the year for Canucks fans) that can make a good first pass and run the power play.
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- It’s time to re-sign Mike Santorelli December 8, 2013 54891 commentIt%27s+time+to+re-sign+Mike+Santorelli2013-12-09+07%3A12%3A11Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5489
- The Twitter Life of Jeff Paterson December 8, 2013 54731 commentThe+Twitter+Life+of+Jeff+Paterson2013-12-09+06%3A30%3A37Ian+Lusherhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5473
- Canucks vs Hurricanes Game Preview – December 9, 2013 December 8, 2013 54690 commentsCanucks+vs+Hurricanes+Game+Preview+-+December+9%2C+20132013-12-09+05%3A28%3A50Ian+Lusherhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5469
- Canucks vs Avalanche Game Preview – December 8, 2013 December 7, 2013 54530 commentsCanucks+vs+Avalanche+Game+Preview+-+December+8%2C+20132013-12-08+00%3A33%3A15Steve+Lancashirehttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5453
- An unbiased review of the Bro Jake Show on Team 1040 September 11, 2013 437376 commentsAn+unbiased+review+of+the+Bro+Jake+Show+on+Team+10402013-09-11+07%3A13%3A37Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4373
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Canucks fans boo Mike Gillis, ignore reality November 6, 2013 491321 commentsCanucks+fans+boo+Mike+Gillis%2C+ignore+reality2013-11-07+07%3A36%3A34Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4913
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691