I’m sure you’ve heard by now, Henrik Sedin has 1 goal (an empty netter) in his last 18 games. Daniel Sedin has not scored since the Chicago series. Their plus-minus is a combined -14 in the postseason. Mason Raymond has zero goals.
As we told you yesterday, the Nashville Predators have complained about the Canucks famed ‘Green Men’ and the NHL has taken action to curtail some of their actions. Most notably they won’t be allowed to touch the glass next to the penalty box.
It was revealed during the second intermission of yesterday’s Canucks game on Hockey Night in Canada that the NHL has told the Green Men to knock off some of their antics beside the opposition penalty box. Apparently they’ve been told to not touch the glass. What’s worse is that Glenn Healy agrees with them!
One of the great things about this year’s Canucks has been the way the players have absorbed each other’s best qualities. Malhotra’s faceoff skill, Ballard’s hip checks, Sedin body positioning, and Bieksa’s tenacious yet positionally sound defence have been picked up by the entire team. The stud in the shared skills stable though is certainly Kesler’s sizzling every-inch-matters brand of intense puck pursuit. Even twinkle toed Mason Raymond has turned into a fore checking menace!
Whew! That was close. Not only did Jack Johnson nearly put the puck in the net, but if Michael Handzus doesn’t put his arms up in the air, he might have been able to bury it. Classic Bieksa pose in this picture by the way, standing upright, watching a member of the opposing team in front of the goal. With that said, perhaps I’m being a bit unfair. I thought Bieksa had a solid game, as did the rest of the Canucks D. Most notably, Alex Edler was strong in both ends of the rink. He was a beast, as evidenced by this hit on Drew Doughty (you think Edler trash talked him? Something like “welcome to the playoffs, kid” would have been nice).
With the NHL Christmas break upon us, perhaps now would be a good time to review the Canucks’ season up to this point. Or perhaps now would be a good time to look at what players the Canucks might want to acquire as they make a push towards the playoffs. Right? Well, instead, lets look at those funny green men at the Canucks’ who distracted Shea Weber, Dave Scatchard and any other Predator that found his way in the penalty box last game. Enjoy!
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Mike Gillis’ trade history May 20, 2013 42260 commentsMike+Gillis%27+trade+history2013-05-21+06%3A50%3A35Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4226
- It’s time to fire Alain Vigneault May 15, 2013 42222 commentsIt%27s+time+to+fire+Alain+Vigneault2013-05-15+16%3A37%3A33Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4222
- Hug a Leafs Fan May 14, 2013 42170 commentsHug+a+Leafs+Fan2013-05-14+17%3A46%3A44Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4217
- They’re just not good enough: Canucks get swept by San Jose May 9, 2013 42130 commentsThey%27re+just+not+good+enough%3A+Canucks+get+swept+by+San+Jose2013-05-10+05%3A28%3A46Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4213
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691
- Concerning Stats Making Canuck Nation Uneasy Before Game 6 In Nashville May 8, 2011 280916 commentsConcerning+Stats+Making+Canuck+Nation+Uneasy+Before+Game+6+In+Nashville2011-05-09+06%3A26%3A26Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D2809
- Mitchell Talks with Team, a New Assistant Coach, more Larscheid Rumours and more! August 5, 2010 177314 commentsMitchell+Talks+with+Team%2C+a+New+Assistant+Coach%2C+more+Larscheid+Rumours+and+more%212010-08-05+20%3A09%3A54Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1773