As if his scoring slump wasn’t enough, it appears Alex Burrows hard luck season just got worse. The Province is reporting Burrows will be out indefinitely with a broken jaw which he suffered Sunday on a Chris Tanev clear that caught him in the face. Burrows returned to the game and even laughed about the incident post-game, but apparently the damage is worse than originally feared.
After narrowly regaining their dignity against the Carolina Hurricanes, the Canucks are back and in Music City for a date with Carrie Underwood’s husband and the Nashville Predators.
For the last month we have been previewing the teams that will be competing in the men’s ice hockey tournament at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. You’ve seen the best, now see the rest! Today’s team is a hockey country on the rise. Team Norway has outplayed Germany on the world stage in the last few years, despite a much smaller population (about 5 million) and less of a hockey history. No word yet on if their uniforms will be inspired by Norway’s curling team in 2010…
The Vancouver Canucks look to get back on track with an early 10am PST match-up vs the Carolina Hurricanes.
The Canucks completely sucked in a 5-2 loss to Alain Vigneault’s New York Rangers. An epic cluster fuck of a game! I’m seriously depressed, but came across this picture which cheered me up (gotta lighten mood somehow).
The Canucks are back and looking to continue their roll against the Eastern Conference. Will Alain Vigneault and the Rangers have anything to say about that? Or will they just keep reminding us of that time they ruined our dreams? Read on to find out.
I have had the opinion for quite some time that the Vancouver sports media are much too negative when it comes to anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks. I’m not saying that all journalists/reporters/media types are negative. Guys like Dan Murphy, Jason Botchford and Don Taylor are actually quite balanced when covering the team, but for every balanced media type there are double that fall into the negative camp.
Austria is far from a hockey power and a surprise entry into the Olympic hockey tournament. A country of approximately 8 million people, it is known more for alpine skiing and soccer than hockey. Remarkably, Austria’s national hockey team finds itself in the Olympic Games, with the top 12 hockey playing countries in the world.
The Vancouver Canucks probably could not get out of town quick enough as Rogers Arena has turned into Heartbreak Ridge. The Canucks will look to erase a dismal 6 game home stand and get back to their road winning form in a game vs the Ottawa Senators on Thursday at 4:30 PM PST.
What can I say? The Canucks are coming off the most devastating loss of the season and quite likely the most disheartening loss since game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals. How can a team that does so many positive things in a game still lose? Your guess is as good as mine. The Canucks went down early 1-0 to the Los Angeles Kings, but rallied after a hit by Jordan Nolan on Henrik Sedin. The Canucks showed some impressive push back against a strong Kings team and took over the game, but the Kings found a way to tie the game up late. As for OT, it didn’t take long for the Kings to do this (oh the torment of being a Canucks fan):
The “outdoor” game that will be played between the Canucks and Senators on March 2 at BC Place hasn’t exactly been riding a wave of hype and intrigue, though we did get our first dose of marketing today in Ottawa.
The Canucks lost 3-2 in overtime on Monday night after outworking, out-shooting (39-22) and out-chancing the Kings. This was despite being the more desperate team, having home ice advantage and playing a backup goalie (albeit a capable backup who is red hot right now).
After the most gut wrenching loss in recent memory last night to the Los Angeles Kings, many things crossed my mind. Were they just unlucky yet again? Did they need a particular player to step up? Or (and this is the scariest thought) are they just not good enough?
Here are a few things that could turn their fortunes. Five ways to fix this team:
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- It’s time to re-sign Mike Santorelli December 8, 2013 54891 commentIt%27s+time+to+re-sign+Mike+Santorelli2013-12-09+07%3A12%3A11Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5489
- The Twitter Life of Jeff Paterson December 8, 2013 54731 commentThe+Twitter+Life+of+Jeff+Paterson2013-12-09+06%3A30%3A37Ian+Lusherhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5473
- Canucks vs Hurricanes Game Preview – December 9, 2013 December 8, 2013 54690 commentsCanucks+vs+Hurricanes+Game+Preview+-+December+9%2C+20132013-12-09+05%3A28%3A50Ian+Lusherhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5469
- Canucks vs Avalanche Game Preview – December 8, 2013 December 7, 2013 54530 commentsCanucks+vs+Avalanche+Game+Preview+-+December+8%2C+20132013-12-08+00%3A33%3A15Steve+Lancashirehttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5453
- An unbiased review of the Bro Jake Show on Team 1040 September 11, 2013 437376 commentsAn+unbiased+review+of+the+Bro+Jake+Show+on+Team+10402013-09-11+07%3A13%3A37Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4373
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Canucks fans boo Mike Gillis, ignore reality November 6, 2013 491321 commentsCanucks+fans+boo+Mike+Gillis%2C+ignore+reality2013-11-07+07%3A36%3A34Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4913
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691