Hey everyone! Been a while since I’ve posted on here. Hell, it’s been a while since I’ve had anything post anywhere! With “lockout out this” and “hockey related revenue that”, it felt like hockey would never be back and I would never get to post another one of my grammatically incorrect blog posts on to Rob’s wonderful website.
Well, hockey’s back, baby! Like a slap in the face and a strong pull of the hair, it’s back! While puck drop isn’t until the 19th, it appears no one is going to wait on speculation, rumors and other innuendo. And really, why should we? We’ve been deprived of NHL hockey for the last four months, it’s about time we got back to shappin’ all things Canucks. One of the first things that came up (other than the Luongo trade rumors) was Sportsnets Dan Murphy tweeting that the Canucks were inviting ex-Blackhawk, ex-Wild, ex-Oiler Cam Barker to camp.
Can we have the lockout back?
Of course I don’t mean that, but Cam Barker? Twitter, or at least my timeline, damn near shit itself blind. What could the Canucks possibly be thinking? Cam Barker? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet. This is the same Cam Barker that was bought out by the Wild, signed by the Oilers and benched… a lot. To be fair, Barker missed 38 games with ankle and shoulder injuries and it was the Oilers.
I think the thing that everyone needs to realize is that the Canucks aren’t bringing him in to be an offensive power house, to play shut down minutes or to make wicked grilled cheese for the team on off days. He’s being brought in to compete for the 7th, possibly 8th spot on the depth chart. The worst that happens in all of this? He plays and shoots the puck into his own net, though the chances of that happening…well, I’ll admit that for some strange reason I can see that happening, and in game that really, really matters; but seriously, worst thing to happen is that he makes the team and it adds another body to a Vancouver blue line that is constantly decimated by injury.
I know everyone has sort of backed away from the ledge about this, but still, take a second, smile, shut up and have a Coke. It’s a PTO. Nothing more at this point.
Thanks for reading!
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- John Tortorella is the right choice to be the next head coach of the Vancouver Canucks June 19, 2013 42793 commentsJohn+Tortorella+is+the+right+choice+to+be+the+next+head+coach+of+the+Vancouver+Canucks2013-06-19+07%3A00%3A48Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4279
- Rob’s Big Canucks Coaching Candidates List June 8, 2013 42611 commentRob%27s+Big+Canucks+Coaching+Candidates+List2013-06-09+00%3A59%3A25Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4261
- Arguments I Hate: Mike Gillis Inherited This Team May 27, 2013 42488 commentsArguments+I+Hate%3A+Mike+Gillis+Inherited+This+Team2013-05-28+05%3A37%3A29Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4248
- Mike Gillis’ Big Money Contracts May 26, 2013 42361 commentMike+Gillis%27+Big+Money+Contracts2013-05-26+23%3A10%3A59Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4236
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691
- Concerning Stats Making Canuck Nation Uneasy Before Game 6 In Nashville May 8, 2011 280916 commentsConcerning+Stats+Making+Canuck+Nation+Uneasy+Before+Game+6+In+Nashville2011-05-09+06%3A26%3A26Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D2809
- Mitchell Talks with Team, a New Assistant Coach, more Larscheid Rumours and more! August 5, 2010 177314 commentsMitchell+Talks+with+Team%2C+a+New+Assistant+Coach%2C+more+Larscheid+Rumours+and+more%212010-08-05+20%3A09%3A54Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1773