As we told you yesterday, the Nashville Predators have complained about the Canucks famed ‘Green Men’ and the NHL has taken action to curtail some of their actions. Most notably they won’t be allowed to touch the glass next to the penalty box.
Maybe they worried about something like this happening:
Come on… They’re funny and do a lot of wild things, but they haven’t done anything dangerous. Players don’t even react to them anymore. Now the Canucks are putting an extra official in the box to ‘protect’ the player. A little ridiculous.
Besides, the Nashville Predators of all teams, shouldn’t be complaining considering what their fans do:
The most any player has reacted to the Green Men was Dave Scatchard last season:
Well, just when you thought this story couldn’t get any bigger, it has. ‘The Force’ and ‘Sully’ aka the Green Men are going to game 3 in Nashville!
Via their Twitter account, the Green Men had this to say:
The Greenmen are Nashville bound! Predators didn’t want us in Rogers Arena, didn’t say anything about their arena!
Take that NHL.
No word on what seats they’ll be in, but I’m sure CBC’s cameras will find them regardless. It’ll also be interesting to see what kind of reaction they get from Predators fans. Stay tuned…
The ironic thing about all of this is that the Green Men were a non-factor in the first two games. They weren’t at game 1 and the Predators only took one penalty in game 2. Further to that, Green Men mania was starting to stall a little bit anyway. Personally, I was starting to get a little bored of their antics, they were running out of things to do.
But now? Now I can’t get enough of them. I want to see how much they can bother the Predators. What the Predators don’t understand is that if you ignore the Green Men, you take away their power. But if you look at them or worse, react to them, they become more powerful than ever!
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Zack Kassian needs to play with Henrik and Daniel Sedin December 10, 2013 55112 commentsZack+Kassian+needs+to+play+with+Henrik+and+Daniel+Sedin2013-12-11+04%3A39%3A02Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5511
- Why we hate: the Boston Bruins December 10, 2013 55053 commentsWhy+we+hate%3A+the+Boston+Bruins2013-12-11+04%3A07%3A02Stu+Elmeshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5505
- It’s time to re-sign Mike Santorelli December 8, 2013 54892 commentsIt%27s+time+to+re-sign+Mike+Santorelli2013-12-09+07%3A12%3A11Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5489
- The Twitter Life of Jeff Paterson December 8, 2013 54738 commentsThe+Twitter+Life+of+Jeff+Paterson2013-12-09+06%3A30%3A37Ian+Lusherhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5473
- An unbiased review of the Bro Jake Show on Team 1040 September 11, 2013 437376 commentsAn+unbiased+review+of+the+Bro+Jake+Show+on+Team+10402013-09-11+07%3A13%3A37Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4373
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Canucks fans boo Mike Gillis, ignore reality November 6, 2013 491321 commentsCanucks+fans+boo+Mike+Gillis%2C+ignore+reality2013-11-07+07%3A36%3A34Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4913
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691