As we told you yesterday, the Nashville Predators have complained about the Canucks famed ‘Green Men’ and the NHL has taken action to curtail some of their actions. Most notably they won’t be allowed to touch the glass next to the penalty box.
Maybe they worried about something like this happening:
Come on… They’re funny and do a lot of wild things, but they haven’t done anything dangerous. Players don’t even react to them anymore. Now the Canucks are putting an extra official in the box to ‘protect’ the player. A little ridiculous.
Besides, the Nashville Predators of all teams, shouldn’t be complaining considering what their fans do:
The most any player has reacted to the Green Men was Dave Scatchard last season:
Well, just when you thought this story couldn’t get any bigger, it has. ‘The Force’ and ‘Sully’ aka the Green Men are going to game 3 in Nashville!
Via their Twitter account, the Green Men had this to say:
The Greenmen are Nashville bound! Predators didn’t want us in Rogers Arena, didn’t say anything about their arena!
Take that NHL.
No word on what seats they’ll be in, but I’m sure CBC’s cameras will find them regardless. It’ll also be interesting to see what kind of reaction they get from Predators fans. Stay tuned…
The ironic thing about all of this is that the Green Men were a non-factor in the first two games. They weren’t at game 1 and the Predators only took one penalty in game 2. Further to that, Green Men mania was starting to stall a little bit anyway. Personally, I was starting to get a little bored of their antics, they were running out of things to do.
But now? Now I can’t get enough of them. I want to see how much they can bother the Predators. What the Predators don’t understand is that if you ignore the Green Men, you take away their power. But if you look at them or worse, react to them, they become more powerful than ever!
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Mike Gillis’ trade history May 20, 2013 42260 commentsMike+Gillis%27+trade+history2013-05-21+06%3A50%3A35Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4226
- It’s time to fire Alain Vigneault May 15, 2013 42222 commentsIt%27s+time+to+fire+Alain+Vigneault2013-05-15+16%3A37%3A33Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4222
- Hug a Leafs Fan May 14, 2013 42170 commentsHug+a+Leafs+Fan2013-05-14+17%3A46%3A44Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4217
- They’re just not good enough: Canucks get swept by San Jose May 9, 2013 42130 commentsThey%27re+just+not+good+enough%3A+Canucks+get+swept+by+San+Jose2013-05-10+05%3A28%3A46Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4213
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691
- Concerning Stats Making Canuck Nation Uneasy Before Game 6 In Nashville May 8, 2011 280916 commentsConcerning+Stats+Making+Canuck+Nation+Uneasy+Before+Game+6+In+Nashville2011-05-09+06%3A26%3A26Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D2809
- Mitchell Talks with Team, a New Assistant Coach, more Larscheid Rumours and more! August 5, 2010 177314 commentsMitchell+Talks+with+Team%2C+a+New+Assistant+Coach%2C+more+Larscheid+Rumours+and+more%212010-08-05+20%3A09%3A54Robhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1773