Hockey fans, the unthinkable has happened. That’s right, George Parros has shaved his mustache! Parros, who had the best porn stache in professional sports is doing it for a good cause. In honour of Movember, Parros has shaved the stache and will regrow it to raise funds for prostate cancer.
The Movember movement has inspired Canuckz.com to give a tribute to the hockey mustache, something that is becoming increasingly rare in the NHL.
Some of the greatest players in the history of the league sported some beauties:
Lanny McDonald scored 500 NHL goals and won a Stanley Cup, but perhaps his greatest achievement was his amazing bushy mustache that he still sports to this day.
Glenn Anderson may not have scored as many goals as his Oiler teammates like Gretzky, Messier and Kurri, but in the 1980s Glenn Anderson had them beat in mustached moxie.
Without a doubt the greatest mustached hockey player to ever become employed by the Team 1040.
Wendel Clark was a great leader and tough as nails. He also had a handlebar mustache that would make biker gangs jealous.
Was it a coincidence that this future hall of famer’s career tailed off after he shaved his mustache in the 90s? I don’t think so.
One of the greatest goal scoring Nordiques of all-time, one of the greatest mustache wearing Nordiques of all-time.
He perfected the spin-o-rama goal and may have scored the greatest goal ever, amazing that his mustache didn’t hurt his aerodynamics.
Six Stanley Cups and a Hart Trophy, greatest mustached player ever. Can’t say which is the greatest achievement.
In honour of the Canucks 40th anniversary season, it would be a shame to forget about the greatest mustaches to play in this city:
His play was rough and tumble and so was his mustache. It was never more wild than the spring of 1994 in the Stanley Cup final.
A fan favourite for years. Why? The stache. It went well with the flying V’s.
The mustache almost went extinct in the early 2000s, but in recent years some NHLers are bringing it back:
Ian White has been rocking the perv stache from Toronto to Calgary.
You may not respect his game but you have to respect the handle bar mustache. It’s a beauty.
Well that’s it, I hope you’ve enjoyed our tribute to Movember! Now go out and donate money to help fight prostate cancer.
Recent PostsPopular Posts
- Canucks Prospect Round-up: Gaunce, Corrado, Grenier & Tommernes December 5, 2013 54270 commentsCanucks+Prospect+Round-up%3A+Gaunce%2C+Corrado%2C+Grenier+%26+Tommernes2013-12-06+03%3A53%3A50Ryan+Biechhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5427
- Canucks vs Coyotes Game Preview – December 6, 2013 December 5, 2013 54420 commentsCanucks+vs+Coyotes+Game+Preview+-+December+6%2C+20132013-12-06+03%3A52%3A05Ian+Lusherhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5442
- The Canucks power play, beyond the numbers December 5, 2013 54240 commentsThe+Canucks+power+play%2C+beyond+the+numbers2013-12-05+23%3A26%3A21J.D.+Burkehttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5424
- Montreal Newspaper: “Gino Odjick needs help” December 3, 2013 53860 commentsMontreal+Newspaper%3A+%22Gino+Odjick+needs+help%222013-12-04+05%3A30%3A54Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D5386
- An unbiased review of the Bro Jake Show on Team 1040 September 11, 2013 437376 commentsAn+unbiased+review+of+the+Bro+Jake+Show+on+Team+10402013-09-11+07%3A13%3A37Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4373
- Ryan Kesler December 2009 Calendar Wallpaper!!! November 30, 2009 77324 commentsRyan+Kesler+December+2009+Calendar+Wallpaper%21%21%212009-11-30+10%3A12%3A02Binh+Hohttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D773
- Canucks fans boo Mike Gillis, ignore reality November 6, 2013 491321 commentsCanucks+fans+boo+Mike+Gillis%2C+ignore+reality2013-11-07+07%3A36%3A34Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.robthehockeyguy.com%2F%3Fp%3D4913
- Bieksa to Columbus? Got to Love Offseason Rumours July 2, 2010 169120 commentsBieksa+to+Columbus%3F+Got+to+Love+Offseason+Rumours2010-07-02+19%3A17%3A52Rob+Williamshttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.canuckz.com%2F%3Fp%3D1691