Rob The Hockey Guy

// A Vancouver Canucks Hockey Blog

Vancouver Canucks Fans = 5th Most Annoying in Sports

CanucksFans

Courtesy of Spike.com:

It’s remarkable how arrogant the fan base of a team with zero Stanley Cups, no Hall of Fame players, and two homoerotic Swedish twins that seem physically afraid of the playoffs can act. It’s literally mind-boggling! These days, when they’re not too busy demanding trades on local radio shows or reminiscing about that year they almost signed Wayne Gretzky, you can usually find Canucks fans preaching about how hosting Jarome Iginla and the Canadian Olympic team will finally establish their city as a genuine hockey town (sort of like how marrying Lamar Odom made Khloe Kardashian a real celebrity – legitimacy by association).

Next time you see a suspected pyramid schemer in the corner of a trendy wine bar sporting a $200 hair cut, $900 suit, and emanating a distinct air of scumbag from his Drakkar Noir-soaked pores – go ahead and ask him about Kevin Bieksa, because odds are he’s a Vancouver Canucks fan and doesn’t want to cry himself to sleep again before throwing out obscene predictions about the Norris Trophy.

If you’ve been reading from the start, you’ll know that I don’t disagree at all (except for the part about the Sedins whom I heart just fine)! Stop being douchebags, Canucks fans! Stop freaking out over a “poor” 3 game start to the season. NEVER EVER plan a Stanley Cup parade after the 1st round again! Etc.. Sheesh.

It’s also idiots like this that give Canucks fans a bad name. His name was Richard and he completely disowned the Canucks during their losing streak last year, saying he would never ever watch them again. He even cancelled his cable! Later, he proceeded to jump back on the bandwagon after they went on a winning streak. Here’s some of what he wrote-in to the Province:

My heart can’t take it any more. I’ve been a Canucks fan for over 30 years. Every year we are fooled into believing this will be THE year or at least this year will be a better year.

I fall for the hype every time, but after last night’s game … something died in me.

I’ve never felt that disappointed by a loss in my life. I was so upset, in fact, that it carried over to my relationship with my wife. I snapped at her over the dumbest of things. She was an innocent bystander and not a hockey fan. That anger that was wrongly aimed at my wonderful wife was an anger so powerful I couldn’t contain it. An anger expressed because of my emotional tie to a stupid sports team.

I will never let that happen again.

I proved to myself that watching, cheering and supporting the Canucks has finally come to an end. Period.

The time I wasted watching the Canucks games I will now spend with my wife and daughter.

Douchebag.

11 Response to Vancouver Canucks Fans = 5th Most Annoying in Sports

1. Manilagold on October 9, 2009

Tuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrcooooooooooooooooooo (is playing well in a close tight game – not the time to jeer idiots!)

2. Manilagold on October 9, 2009

3. Manilagold on October 9, 2009

Latte sipping blackberry tweeting urbanites in the lower bowl, suburban drunk tank up top. Tuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrcoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4. Manilagold on October 9, 2009

5. Tonyz Tanti on October 9, 2009

Or even worse, jeering a hall of fame goalie who clearly thrives when fans yell his name (Roy, Belfour, Hasek)… n nAmazing how many fans are all over Luongo right now. The guy is top 5 in the league every year since he's been here and people are upset that he's not some kind of super human.

6. Tonyz Tanti on October 9, 2009

Amazing how many fans are all over Luongo right now. The guy is top 5 in the league every year since he’s been here and people are upset that he’s not some kind of super human.

7. Savannah on April 30, 2011

I agree, that fan is a douche. It seems as though he may have other issues though. nI guess we (canucks fans) never give up because we are true fans who will always have faith. We love the sport and our team! nI guess there are "douchebags" in every fan base…….Vince Vaughn for example. Now theres an article for you!

8. Cody on May 27, 2011

k the first dude who wrote just knows nothing about the city of vancouver and knows nothing about their fans, or anyting about hockey,and the other dude that said the stuff about kevin beiksa is just totally wrong thats retarded nucks fans dont sport 200 dollar haircuts and wear 900 dollar suits, thats retarded.

9. James on May 29, 2011

"It’s remarkable how arrogant the fan base of a team with zero Stanley Cups, no Hall of Fame players, and two homoerotic Swedish twins that seem physically afraid of the playoffs can act. " – Just wait until Wednesday and we'll show you. Is is seriously a crime to support your favorite team and want them to win? Honestly we're just passionate. What are you going to do, sue us?

• Mojo on June 1, 2011

Well….lol…….its Wednesday and we are waiting for you to show us What????

10. jason stewart on June 3, 2011

canuks rule,i said it at the beginning of the season that this is our year to win the cup and i still stand by my statement.diehard canucks fan forever:)